Apple Pushes A US$200 Million Climate Change Fund To Help Reduce Carbon Dioxide Emissions

Apr 16, 2021 News

Apple Pushes A US$200 Million Climate Change Fund To Help Reduce Carbon Dioxide Emissions

Apple announced yesterday that it would launch a US$200 million forestry investment project fund to help reduce carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

Lisa Jackson, Apple's vice president, said that by creating a fund that indeed generates financial returns and can measure carbon impact, our goal is to promote broader changes in the future-encouraging global carbon reduction investments. We hope that others will share our goals and promote their resources to support and protect critical ecosystems.

Apple previously announced that it would achieve carbon neutrality by 2030. Yesterday, Apple added that it would reduce 75% of its supply chain and product carbon emissions by 2030, and the fund will solve the remaining 25% of carbon emissions.

apple pushes



Rate this article:

Related articles